Monday, June 18, 2012

Abs of steel!

I get a lot of compliments on my flat stomach & abs and am always asked how I get them!


A common misconception is that all you need to do to get abs is a lot of ab work outs but this is not true! The abdominals are covered by a layer of FAT, in order to see the abs you have, you have to get rid of the fat on top of them. SO in order to get flat sexy abs, eating healthy is essential!!!

I do ab workouts every other day. I make the ab part of my workout pretty extensive but it is well worth it and anyone can do it, best of all you don't need ANY equipment to do my ab workouts! So you can do them in the comfort of your own home :)

I start with regular crunches, with my legs up in the air and my feet crossed. When I lift off the ground I go up in the direction of my feet, however you can also keep your feet flat on the floor for crunches as well. I do 50 of these, but you can always start at a lower number.



Next I do side crunches. Its pretty self explanatory, its the same thing as a regular crunch only you bring your body up and twist your mid section to the side, while keeping your legs stationary and feet flat on the floor. I really like to do these on an exercise ball especially if I don't have a mat available, but they are just as effective on the floor! I do 20 on each side


Another exercise I do for my side abs is almost like a plank, but with more movement involved. Start in the push up position, make sure your hands are shoulder width apart and your back is straight. Bring your right knee inward towards your left arm, hold for 3 seconds and then switch to your left knee going inward towards your right arm and hold. Do 10 of these on each side.


One of my favorite ab workouts is the leg lift! Lay flat on your back, keep your arms by your side or crossed over your chest and put your legs straight up in the air, slowly bring them down counting down from 10 until they almost reach the floor then bring them back above you and repeat. I usually do 10 of these. This work out is especially good for those lower abs!


I like to finish with a 1 minute plank. Hold yourself up in either the push up position or on with your arms down holding yourself up with your elbows and forearms (this is what I prefer). This is a great way to increase the strength in your core area!


I go through this workout three times (three reps of each) Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment